History of the Lyndale Peace Garden, the Native and Mixed Border Gardens, and the Men’s and Women’s Garden Club of Minneapolis
August 9 @ 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Following the 1981 tornado through southwest Minneapolis, the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board refurbished the 1929 rock garden which is now the Peace Garden. The Men’s and Women’s Garden Club of Minneapolis (MWGCM) donated and planted trees and helped re-design the park’s arboretum. They continue to work with its native and mixed border gardens.
Speakers include Kay Wolfe, with the MWGCM, and JoAnn Blatchley, with the JapanConnectMN: Sister City Organizations.